Slightly more sensible update...
Oki firstly I must defend my love of squirrels...
I know we have them at home...
I know they got rid of the red squirrel...
BUT
we have them much more so here... AND they are NH squirrels!!!
Right how is life here?...
Well as you all know life has been up and down for the last few weeks, I feel like I've been thrown from one extreme to another and then back to the middle again... or a continues cycle of life going on with me reacting weirdly to everything because I didn't know what the 'world' was anymore.
I feel like my whole world froze - like my comp does every now and again - but I couldn't get it to unfreeze.
I felt like God was.... well I don't know. I was so angry at him and so confused (being on my usual search for answers) I had so many why's but knew I would never get answers to them. I didn't really know who I was I questioned everything. Not trying to be melodramatic just honest!
However I'm now feeling loads better. I look back to the days where all I could do was pray where are you God and I know he was with me looking after me.... No holding me. I know it sounds cheesy and I don't feel 'close' to him particularly now but I know he's with me... It's really weird. All I could do was keep going to class and keep living... But like I say I feel so much better and I hope it's a continual up!
I was feeling overwhelmed in my classes. I've always joked about how I am not a politics student (ask Martin who has often disappeared at my lack of political knowledge and well care for it!) But I've actually realised it's true, I'm really not and my teacher here kept trying to work out why I was in his class (not in a bad way... In an interested way - he's the best teacher here!) anyway it completely shook my confidence as I guess I've always thought it but never admitted it properly. But I see him every Thursday and we chat about this and I feel much better and he's assured me I'm doing ok in class :) I was having a similar problem in another class - I want to do well and get frustrated when I can't seem to make progress and everyone else seems to be. But I spoke to this teacher too and he was great too and assured me again that I was doing well and I'd be ok :) So things are generally just on the up!!
I've also been trying new things... I know... Me...!
On Thursday I went to yoga for the first time, and yay how cool, loved it! Did feel relaxed... Finally!
The we went out for Aya'a birthday, and as she's from Japan we went out for Japanese/Chinese food. Was great... And I tried sushi!
(flippin pic won't load... hang on...)
(nope not playing...)
Anyway I did try it... it was ... weird. The textures are odd! but hey I tried it :)
Yesterday we went to Boston - which I'll do a completely separate blog about - but it was cool and another new thing ... I drove a Duck Boat! (will explain in next blog... But no not driven by ducks...Or anything else!)
So yeah things are great at the moment and I want to thank you all for being great and supportive, I love you all and miss you loads!
xxx
I know we have them at home...
I know they got rid of the red squirrel...
BUT
we have them much more so here... AND they are NH squirrels!!!
Right how is life here?...
Well as you all know life has been up and down for the last few weeks, I feel like I've been thrown from one extreme to another and then back to the middle again... or a continues cycle of life going on with me reacting weirdly to everything because I didn't know what the 'world' was anymore.
I feel like my whole world froze - like my comp does every now and again - but I couldn't get it to unfreeze.
I felt like God was.... well I don't know. I was so angry at him and so confused (being on my usual search for answers) I had so many why's but knew I would never get answers to them. I didn't really know who I was I questioned everything. Not trying to be melodramatic just honest!
However I'm now feeling loads better. I look back to the days where all I could do was pray where are you God and I know he was with me looking after me.... No holding me. I know it sounds cheesy and I don't feel 'close' to him particularly now but I know he's with me... It's really weird. All I could do was keep going to class and keep living... But like I say I feel so much better and I hope it's a continual up!
I was feeling overwhelmed in my classes. I've always joked about how I am not a politics student (ask Martin who has often disappeared at my lack of political knowledge and well care for it!) But I've actually realised it's true, I'm really not and my teacher here kept trying to work out why I was in his class (not in a bad way... In an interested way - he's the best teacher here!) anyway it completely shook my confidence as I guess I've always thought it but never admitted it properly. But I see him every Thursday and we chat about this and I feel much better and he's assured me I'm doing ok in class :) I was having a similar problem in another class - I want to do well and get frustrated when I can't seem to make progress and everyone else seems to be. But I spoke to this teacher too and he was great too and assured me again that I was doing well and I'd be ok :) So things are generally just on the up!!
I've also been trying new things... I know... Me...!
On Thursday I went to yoga for the first time, and yay how cool, loved it! Did feel relaxed... Finally!
The we went out for Aya'a birthday, and as she's from Japan we went out for Japanese/Chinese food. Was great... And I tried sushi!
(flippin pic won't load... hang on...)
(nope not playing...)
Anyway I did try it... it was ... weird. The textures are odd! but hey I tried it :)
Yesterday we went to Boston - which I'll do a completely separate blog about - but it was cool and another new thing ... I drove a Duck Boat! (will explain in next blog... But no not driven by ducks...Or anything else!)
So yeah things are great at the moment and I want to thank you all for being great and supportive, I love you all and miss you loads!
xxx

4 Comments:
At 2:34 pm,
The Random One said…
3 cheers for Monica!
Tis great to see so many honest postings on the various blogs I frequent. Helps to see people going through the different emotions we face at times like these, I feel it's reassuring especially as we're in the similar situation of being away from Sutton right now.
Not sure we can allow u the squirrel-thing, but am intrigued by the next Boston-blog you'll be doing..... is it like in the Bill and Ted episode?
Dave...... only read it once BUT can't recall any spelling errors.....she's improving!
1 last thing.....u....YOGA??????
At 7:36 pm,
Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty said…
Disappeared or Despaired!!
At 12:24 pm,
davebateman said…
Indeed, I think someone has learnt how to use a spell checker! ;-)
Cool to see that you are doing better and that class is fun.
I agree with Chris regarding you and yoga... lol
I also agree with Heidi regarding you not being able to write words properly :P
Oh and get the new Killers album, its good.
At 1:26 pm,
Fabparental said…
Shame Martin has disappeared - hope he's back soon! Well spotted, Heidi!
Post a Comment
<< Home