Bateman 4 America

life and thoughts of a 24 yr old student studying in Keene New Hampshire till Christmas :D

Monday, September 25, 2006

Mums are 'wicked cool'

Now before I start I want to make something quite clear Dads rock too, I adore my Dad and I'm sure... Well I've been told so it's true, that both Sarah and Em's Dad's are great too!
But this is a shout out to the three Mums...


I love my Mum loads... There she is (you can see where Dave gets it from.... )
Anyway... We sometimes clash and yes she can drive me mad just as I can, and do, drive her nuts.
But I love her lots and I miss her being all the way over here.



But I also want to give a shout out to mummy Lane and mummy Baggott...
First the have given us their wonderful girls (I'm pretty sure their sisters are great girls too!) and secondly because their (your) comments have meant the world to me.
I am so touched that you read what I put, and I'm even more touched that you said such amazingly kind things. Daughters are a pain (I'm sure all the mums would admit!) but we, all three of us, are so greatful that we've had great Mums to inspire and guide us. Yes we're getting older now (thank you sarah before you make any old comments!) and I've moved away from home 3 times now, but it's so amazing to have caring loving Mums to go back to. I think it's so cool that you have all allowed us to grow and move on into the world as women, it must be hard to let us go (and please never completely let us go! - the free food is cool if nothing else!) but you've let us go and grow up (ok maybe I seem like I haven't sometimes! :P) and I am so very grateful for you all.

Mums of the world I salute you!!

love ya mum - I don't say it enough I know, but I really do.

xxxx

p.s. I have realised I do not have one pic of me and mum together!! dad or dave if you have send it me please... mum we will have to rectify this when I'm home!!

11 Comments:

  • At 7:43 pm, Blogger Lady Tottingham said…

    Never a truer word said!`Mums you are great( and like Helen said) Dad's rock too :)

     
  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger Sarah said…

    My mum and dad rock :D

    All mums and dads you all rock and are wicked cool :D Thank you for being there.

     
  • At 7:58 pm, Blogger davebateman said…

    Woo for parentals!
    Helen and I have the best parents ever, and if you disagree I will fight you! :D

    Smellon, you have an email.

     
  • At 4:02 am, Blogger Fabparental said…

    Yes, I agree - Mum's are 'wicked cool!

     
  • At 8:43 am, Blogger The Random One said…

    Helen's mum rules and has an awesome car....... as do other mum's of the world! (Alas mine won't be reading this as she's not that way inclined).

    Love the post Mon, alot of us just don't take the time to tell parents how wonderful they are.

    Keep posting!

     
  • At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree your mum's great!

    Now to more important things - why am I missing from the picture of Dave! At least I make a sneeking appearance on the one of H's mum.

    I think we need to improve the educational quality of this blog so I set out a quiz below:

    Helen is going to Boston soon to see the site of the tea party - is this why Americans drink coffee?

    1) Who was the rider who rode around america yelling the redcoats are coming?

    2) What was the name of his horse?

    3) What was the name of the horse who pulled the fastest milkcart in the west?

    4) What was the name of his rival?

    5) Why do pigeons always sing to me "You can't go fishing"?

     
  • At 10:43 am, Blogger Twenty Something said…

    Ernie dorve the fastest milk cart in the west!
    ...
    oh you want the horses name...
    hmmm thats a thinker

     
  • At 1:08 pm, Blogger Fabparental said…

    I like holiday armadillo!

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1 Paul Revere

    2 Dobbin

    3 it belonged to Ernie

    4 two ton ted from teddington

    5 dunno, what is your relationship with pigeons ?

     
  • At 8:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hellen,

    Stranger to stranger, in fron of the world, I've been trying to comment for a while but have not been able to, so this will probably come off as big ramble.

    First, thank-you so much for your blog. I truly enjoy checking up on your stay in the States. I have a sister who lives outside of London and I know what's different about your country from my perspective and I am very much enjoying reading about the inverse.

    Second, I am sorry about the loss of your friend, Matt, and your struggle with religion. American's do worship different than Europeans, hence the pilgrim exodus, and I hope you find a service that fits. I lived in Switzerland for a year and so found a different way to have fellowship, several friends and I bookstudied The Word and compared it to what we were studying in class and how it applied to our daily lives. We became a tight-knit group, and struggled together to find our way; I am not sure if that is the fellowship you need or want, but it was perfect for me.

    About your friend, Matt, (this'll take a round about way of getting there, I hope I don't make you mad along the way) when I was in high school my uncle died... He had survived brain surgery and died in a car accident three months later. I was at a loss, he and I were close. At that time I was reading a book by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., "Slaughter House V". In the book Vonnegut talks about death and the dead. The author defines the fourth dimension as time and then says something to the inent, "The dead are not really dead. They are always with us in our thoughts and in our minds. So it goes." As is evident with you "Ohohoh."

    I hope I am not coming off as being cocky, if I am please forgive me. Just know that I enjoy what you put out there, I enjoy reading your family and friend's responses, and keep up the good work.

    How is it there are so many people with mom and dad's and they all kick ass? Good parenting skills I'd say, because, hey, mine are pretty Kick-A as well.

    P.S. If you do get Krispy Kreme doughnuts, please make sure you get them fresh from Krispy Kreme and not the packaged ones you can get from the gas station (I don't know why they did it, but they did, Boo!).

    And one last thing, though your dad gives you grief over your spelling just say its becoming Americanised from all your papers. My Canadian education has been screwing me up for years.

     
  • At 8:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and Tony,

    Coffee... well there are a bit of things that caused the shift. First is the cause of the Boston Tea Party, the Tea Tax that was levied on the colonies after the French and Indian War (or Six Years War as other's call it), it was cheaper to drink coffee than tea. So it was a beginning.

    Tea was seen as British, so it might have been pro-British to drink. But in a recent article I read it said that one of the biggest reasons Americans drink Coffee was because of the G.I.'s drinking coffee in WWI and WWII.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home