Why do I ask....?
Geography....
Much to my Dads bewilderment I am not great at Geography... I didn't know where Bristol was until I moved there... It's true... Worryingly.
So why oh why do I ask questions when I know I wont understand the answers????
Like people say they go on holiday and I ask where - knowing I am 99% not going to know where it is - particularly if it's in the UK!!
I wish this only related to geography but no.... People say they have new cars and I ask ohhh which one (hoping they are going to say Ka or Fiesta) but no, then I'm left with the typically girly question of oh... So what colour is it?
Lol
I guess it links in with the other illness that Sarah also has, we answer questions we don't know the answer too... Completely automatically usually too!
It's worrying, someone will ask what time is ...(insert anything)... And we will answer!! Despite not having a clue - lol it's accidental I promise, and we now realise we do it and try to stop!!
Anyway, it's October which means Pumpkin Fest is coming soon (ahhh will explain more soon) and the trees are suddenly going to change, it's also getting colder but then will be warm - cannot get used to the constantly changing temperatures!!!
Anyway back to more reading....
xx
Much to my Dads bewilderment I am not great at Geography... I didn't know where Bristol was until I moved there... It's true... Worryingly.
So why oh why do I ask questions when I know I wont understand the answers????
Like people say they go on holiday and I ask where - knowing I am 99% not going to know where it is - particularly if it's in the UK!!
I wish this only related to geography but no.... People say they have new cars and I ask ohhh which one (hoping they are going to say Ka or Fiesta) but no, then I'm left with the typically girly question of oh... So what colour is it?
Lol
I guess it links in with the other illness that Sarah also has, we answer questions we don't know the answer too... Completely automatically usually too!
It's worrying, someone will ask what time is ...(insert anything)... And we will answer!! Despite not having a clue - lol it's accidental I promise, and we now realise we do it and try to stop!!
Anyway, it's October which means Pumpkin Fest is coming soon (ahhh will explain more soon) and the trees are suddenly going to change, it's also getting colder but then will be warm - cannot get used to the constantly changing temperatures!!!
Anyway back to more reading....
xx

8 Comments:
At 1:03 pm,
Fabparental said…
Politically incorrect joke!
Do they have parking places for "normal" people at the Special Olympics?
We know the speed of light - what is the speed of darkness?
Not my jokes but worth blogging I thought!
Looking forward to hearing about pumpkin fest?!!
At 2:17 pm,
Sarah said…
Yup, absolutely right!
Though Smell, you know we answer questions we don't know the answer too simply because we want to help.... even if we're not helping at all! But surely theres nothing wrong with wanting to help?!
At 8:28 am,
The Random One said…
You're all so very "Special" Monica dear!
At 3:45 pm,
Twenty Something said…
The Bible?
hmmm difficult and simple at the same time!
I guess in simplistic terms I read the Bible to get to know God better.
If you want to get to know a friend better you hang out with them and spend time talking and listening to them (i guess thats what prayer is too)
The Bible shows me who God is, from All Powerfull to Loving Father as well as many other things.
The Bible is also history to me and I can learn from the people that have been before me as well as seeing how God worked in their lives (I guess thats often the Old Testament) The New Testament has the wonderful news about Jesus and how he came and resuced me.
The Bible is hard going sometimes and honestly I sometimes find it tough to read, but overall I believe i'll learn more about God and that God will talk to me through what it says.
Is that of any help at all?? I tried to spell correctly!
At 6:50 pm,
The Random One said…
Hi Sarah's Mum!
I've just started helping at the Kidz Klub at our church in London (Piccadilly theatre...very posh!) so am learning how to get kids to read their bibles. I personally love to read my bible to learn about how to live life. Every week we learn a new lesson from church and it's fantastic to be able to read passages in the bible about that lesson so that we can remember and understand each lesson. It's like eating, we use cookers and microwaves to cook our food,plates, bowls and cutlery to eat our food...... in the same we use the bible to teach us how to live our lives.
Also....what the Spelling Queen Monica said is very relevant.
At 8:40 pm,
davebateman said…
Mum said:
"Do they have parking places for "normal" people at the Special Olympics?"
ha ha ha!!
Helen is special!
At 4:25 am,
Fabparental said…
Don't mock your sister, dave! Didn't a producer stick an A4 sign on you the other night with the words - "....I'm special"?
I thought all blogger friends should know that both my kids are "special"!
Could it have something to do with the parentals.....?!
At 8:22 am,
The Random One said…
they most definitely are ........ thanks also for getting us the Villa-ManU tickets, you are super!
Post a Comment
<< Home