The ditziness lives on...
So yesterday was 1st November I thought I'd celebrate this day by locking myself out of my room.. Then nest. Yes I know typically me but if you think it's taken me this long to do it with a door that locks itself it's kinda impressive for me!
So you think you'd just ring your roommate... Except Max was in the library with her phone on silent and then didn't come home last night anyway! So I could get into the building by knocking on either Amy or Priscilla's window but getting into my room was the issue. We went on the search for the RA's (residential assistants) could we find one... No! And Rosie, mine, who lives next door to me was out too! So in the end we had to be let into Carle Hall and ask the RA there to ring our RA to let me into my room... Yes a little embarrassing...
Nothing much else is happening here... My blogging has been slightly replaced by making a powerpoint story here - which is so much fun. But I rarely have had time for that as, as usual, the work fills my time. Also we're having a bonfire on Sunday! yay and it's turned into a British cultural evening! I had to go ask the Student Assembly for $400 to finance the thing, and it was intimidating they were all so formal and serious! But I love public speaking as you guys know so I enjoyed it! Plus I knew the Chairperson as he's in 2 of my classes - always helps to have a friendly face!! Although try explaining Bonfire Night to someone... Seriously try it... Try explaining oh we have a fire, make a guy and then burn it... it really doesn't come across well!! I am now educated on Bonfire night however as we made signs and plus Americans kept asking me why we had it and I didn't know! (well not the details!)
So should have some pics for you over weekend... Hope you're all well
xx
So you think you'd just ring your roommate... Except Max was in the library with her phone on silent and then didn't come home last night anyway! So I could get into the building by knocking on either Amy or Priscilla's window but getting into my room was the issue. We went on the search for the RA's (residential assistants) could we find one... No! And Rosie, mine, who lives next door to me was out too! So in the end we had to be let into Carle Hall and ask the RA there to ring our RA to let me into my room... Yes a little embarrassing...
Nothing much else is happening here... My blogging has been slightly replaced by making a powerpoint story here - which is so much fun. But I rarely have had time for that as, as usual, the work fills my time. Also we're having a bonfire on Sunday! yay and it's turned into a British cultural evening! I had to go ask the Student Assembly for $400 to finance the thing, and it was intimidating they were all so formal and serious! But I love public speaking as you guys know so I enjoyed it! Plus I knew the Chairperson as he's in 2 of my classes - always helps to have a friendly face!! Although try explaining Bonfire Night to someone... Seriously try it... Try explaining oh we have a fire, make a guy and then burn it... it really doesn't come across well!! I am now educated on Bonfire night however as we made signs and plus Americans kept asking me why we had it and I didn't know! (well not the details!)
So should have some pics for you over weekend... Hope you're all well
xx

3 Comments:
At 1:17 pm,
D Baynham said…
You didn't know? and you are doing history. Catholics wanted the Government blown away so they did the "Gun Powder Plot" but where found out at the 11th hour.
So we have a fire a Guy as in "Guy Fawks" and fireworks to celebrate the fact they didn't sucseed. Ohh Also a Sir Thomas Baynham ws part of that plot!!!!
At 1:23 pm,
Fabparental said…
Well done dear! I'm surprised you hadn't locked yourself out sooner!
Now you've got to have a guy competition! You remember - you won a prize for the best guy one Nov 5th! Don't forget how useful tights are...stuff them full of newspaper for body,legs and arms! Go Bateman go!
At 3:10 pm,
The Random One said…
Very impressed you managed 3 months without any major ditziness. Im disappointed though that you didn't use the Joey technique to get your door open! haha.
You have mail btw =D
Post a Comment
<< Home