Bateman 4 America

life and thoughts of a 24 yr old student studying in Keene New Hampshire till Christmas :D

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

We're following the leader... the leader... the leader..

"Does anyone know where we're going?"
"Nope"
"Oh... thats good then"
"Head straightdown West Street apparently"

(lil later... well quite a lot later..)

Pizza Place: "you wanna go down west then take the right down Park"
"How far down park?"
"Quite a way... not sure how long it'll take ya"

Helen: (outside to everyone) "ok we need to walk down west then bear off left down Park"

Priscilla: "no bear right"

Helen: "no he said left"

Priscilla: "no he said right"

(Quizzical looks between us)


Yesterday eve was an adventure...

We went bowling - I realise that sounds pretty normal...however..

I mean look at the people I was with for a start!
(kidding love them all!)



Anyway we had such a great evening and I kicked ass!! I got 103 and 120something wohoo!!

Emma was the highlight of the evening she (hehehe) always does a little shuffle when she goes to bowl and then (hahaha) specatuclarly dropped the ball backwards in the second game - I'm sorry to tell the world Em but it was classic moment and has to be done! Click here to see Emma's bowling style!

The weirdest part of the evening was that we walked to the bowling ally which no-one does here, it's a 2 mile ish walk and it was pitch black near the end... kinda worrying. it was one of those.. it's just round the corner... ok it's just round the next corner... etc etc.

Needless to say we got a taxi back - now normally I woudn't say how much things cost - coz why would you but in this case... bowling $6.58, then the taxi back was $2 each so an evening bowling for $8.58 = £4.50 (if you taxied there then $10.58 = £5.50 ish) how good is that!! coming home will be such a shock - i'll be like bowling £5 a gaIe i think not!

So that was our fun evening... which i'll finish on a pic of a sign that made me smile up in the bowling ally car park..

Ok was going to - is there a limit on photo's on here thIt i don't know about???

anyway sign says

No Loitering : Police take notice

21 Comments:

  • At 2:44 pm, Blogger Twenty Something said…

    ok ok ok before anyone says anything i know crappy line up of pics - i tried!!!

     
  • At 5:48 pm, Blogger Sarah said…

    And i wasn't there :(

     
  • At 6:26 pm, Blogger The Random One said…

    Neither were I like =( [invite musta got lost at the damn post office....Irish!]

    Mon..... u know there's this wonderful tool on blogger called a SPELL-CHECKER!! (Use It!?)

    Think there is a limit to how many pics u can upload...maybe a daily limit? Am sure one of the Dave's will clarify....

    Nice outfit btw AND impressive score =D

    P.S. Reason 4 my txt was to say am almost sure Im gonna be leavin McD's by end of yr, sad I know!

     
  • At 7:10 pm, Blogger davebateman said…

    Woo for bowling!
    Did you have to fill in the score sheets with a pen like in the films?

     
  • At 8:12 pm, Blogger davebateman said…

    Nice bowling Em! ;-)

     
  • At 8:29 pm, Blogger Sarah said…

    Thank you David :D

     
  • At 4:48 am, Blogger Fabparental said…

    I think the police should be arrested for loitering to catch people loitering....

    Em you're a star! Funniest thing I've seen in ages ( since the Helen hair photo!) What a video clip! You should send it to the TV you'd probably win £200!
    Go bowling again to see if em can do an encore!

    Wind is pricey in the states - £5 a gale, huh?

     
  • At 11:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At least you manage to get pictures on. I had this funny one of you with food, but I could not add it to my comments. Dave did suggest a way but it seemed a bit difficult for a dad with a small brain!

    Did you use the roller to launch your bowls like you you do at home and did you have the buffers on so you would'nt lose your ball?

    PS England lost 2-0 to Croatia. They were really awful. They need David Beckham back.

    PPS I can't use a spellchecker on the bits that I write so how do you O Random One

    PPPS Tell Max I've just opened an office in Leeds - expecting big heating bills!

     
  • At 2:37 pm, Blogger D Baynham said…

    Tony are you going for the record of PS's?

    A max of 4 photo's per blog posting :-( and it does't like four sometimes if they are big pictures.

     
  • At 2:55 pm, Blogger Twenty Something said…

    Dad:

    Boston BB team:
    Boston Celtics

    1st english immigrant:
    Rev William Blackstone - landed in Boston

    American revolutionary War began:
    1775 - Lexington Mass

    Claret and Blue horse:
    Best Mate

    I hope i'm getting gold stars for this!
    xx

     
  • At 4:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, well you are doing.

    But it was the baseball team and it has something to do with footwear.

    Others correct.

    In the 1730's the crown increased taxes on the colonies. The Stamp Act of 1765, the Townshend Acts of 1767, led to the Boston Massacre in 1770. The Tea Act of 1773 resulted with the Boston Tea Party The British responded by closing ports and brininging in troops. On the evening of April 18 1775 troops were dispatched to Lexington ansd Concord to arrest Samuel Adams and John Hancock. Paul Revere road through the night to warn them and the next morning the American revolution began.

    (For thoise that might be interested!)

     
  • At 9:01 am, Blogger Twenty Something said…

    that was interesting and Paul's grave is can be visited in Boston.

    ok ok ok
    The red sox!!
    i have there t-shirt!

     
  • At 11:00 pm, Blogger Sarah said…

    You may have the T-Shirt but do you have the cap/hat?! I've been told that it helps with climbing the mountain....

     
  • At 4:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is it in the shape of a nun's hat then?

     
  • At 7:43 am, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hahaha, you'd think so. But it's your standard cap. Some strange little man informed me that it helps make the climb up the mountain easier... i think he's lying!

     
  • At 8:57 am, Blogger Fabparental said…

    Sarah - should you be talking to strange little men?!

     
  • At 2:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sarah's used to it - her Dad is a very strange little man!
    Great bowling style Emma, on a par with Sarah's, who has also been known to bowl backwards.

     
  • At 8:44 pm, Blogger Sarah said…

    No mum, i've never bowled backwards. Emma (our Emma) has.

     
  • At 12:10 am, Blogger davebateman said…

    I once threw a bowling ball so vigorously that It bounced into the neighbouring alley and hit their pins!

     
  • At 7:23 am, Blogger Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty said…

    We don't know how you could possibly be one of Santa's helpers as you have no sense of direction!! Unless you just help in the workshop - yes that sounds right cause you are short enough!

     
  • At 12:30 pm, Blogger Lady Tottingham said…

    David- did you really do that? Maybe there is hope for me yet :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home